What: Easy, no-pressure, no-drop tour of La Tierra trails with experienced and supportive women guides from the Santa Fe Fat Tire Society and Spokettes. Light snacks and beverages will be provided after the ride
When: Saturday, May 7, meet at 9:00 am for a 9:30 ride. The ride should last about 90 minutes Where: La Tierra Trails – Frijoles Trailhead parking lot
Ready to ride?
- All riders need to sign a waiver. You only need to sign once per calendar year.
- RSVP so we know numbers for food and arranging enough guides (you may also volunteer to help lead or sweep using this form)
- If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Kahn at email@example.com.
Are you a woman who has considered mountain biking but aren’t sure how to begin? Or have you been out a few times, but could use some guidance and tips to feel confident riding? Perhaps you’re comfortable with road biking, yet long to try something off-road? If that sounds like you, join us for our beginner tour of La Tierra.
Some uphill riding will be involved, and it is always ok to get off and walk your bike if necessary through a more challenging section or climb. No one will be left behind on this no-drop tour. There is no fee for this ride and you do not have to be a member of Santa Fe Fat Tire Society to participate.
What to bring:
- If you don’t already have a mountain bike, you will need to borrow, rent, or buy one. Ideally the bike should have at least front suspension and fat, knobby tires.
○ If you are using your own or a borrowed bike, please test ride it, and consider having a mechanic check it out for you.
- Water bottle or hydration pack (filled)
- Bike helmet and gloves
- A light snack in case you need an energy boost during the ride
Other items that are nice to have, but not required for this tour:
- Saddle bag with bike multi-tool, patch kit, spare tube, small hand pump
- Padded bike shorts or pants
- Elbow/arm and shin/knee guards
Anyone looking for more of a challenge can explore on their own or come to our weekly multi-level women’s or co-ed rides. For more info on other SFFTS rides check out the Rides Calendar, which is a Google Calendar you can subscribe to.